“You are the same today as you’ll be in five years except for two things: the books you read and the people you meet.”
Have you made your summer reading list? Summer is a great opportunity to make reading fun for both you and your kiddos. Here’s some tips –
- Have a book club.
- Make treats mentioned in books (pies, cookies, main dishes)
- Plan field trips around books you read.
- Let kids read below their age level.
- Participate in your local library programs.
- Audio books.
- Let their interests guide them.
- Have older kids read to younger kids.
- Read the books and then watch the movies.
For more ideas for summer reading, check out this recent facebook live!