Body wraps seem to be all the rage. At first, I was pretty sure that they were a gimmick so I decided to dig in and do a bit of research. I don’t pretend to be an expert by any means but, I’ll tell ya, based on this graphic, there is something to the crazy wrap thing.
If cellulite is truly impacted by a build up of toxins then, logically, a good detox would reduce cellulite. Grapefruit essential oil is known to have amazing detox effects as it helps to rid the body of toxins. The Metabolic Blend is known for it’s metabolic benefits. So that combo = Amazing results! (Keep reading to find out how many inches I lost after wrapping.)
So here’s the instructions:
In a 4 ounce glass bottle or container combine the following:
- 1/2 bottle of the Metabolic Blend
- 1/2 bottle of Grapefruit Essential Oil
Fill to the top with your carrier oil of choice. I prefer fractionated coconut oil.
Instructions for wrapping the waist:
- Take measurements. When wrapping your waist, take 3 sets of measurements. Measure your waist right at the belly button and about 2 inches above and 2 inches below.
- Massage the Body Wrap oil onto your waist. When massaging, stroke in the direction of your heart. This stimulates the lymphatic system and improves immune function.
- Cover your body with a light fabric such as a thin sheet of muslin or an old tee shirt.*
- Wrap with several layers of Saran wrap. Wrap just snugly enough to keep the fabric in place.
- Drink at least 2 glasses of water while your wrap is on and at least 8 glasses the following day. This helps to flush out all of the toxins.
- Leave in place at least 2 hours but as long as overnight.
- Remove wrappings and measure.
- Bask in delight at your smooth, soft skin and be amazed by the inches that you lost.
I experienced a bit of a tingling sensation. It wasn’t unpleasant but definitely tingly.
*Please do not omit step #3. Essential oils break down petrochemicals. You don’t want to break down the Saran Wrap and absorb MORE toxins into the skin. The natural fabric is a barrier that allows the Saran Wrap to do it’s job without touching the skin. This is opitmal for allowing your body to detox.
There will be enough body wrap lotion for at least 10 applications. At a total cost of $32. That is roughly $3 per wrap which is significantly less than the $100+ cost at your local spa or even the popular wraps on the market.
My results after wrapping? 7 inches lost total! When I saw my results, I was so excited, I wanted to try it on someone else. So, I wrapped my husband (he’s a good sport)! He lost 9 inches total!
So, get to wrapping and let me know your results!